Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One hell of a bad week

Man did I ever start this week off on the wrong foot... my conclusion...taking down the Christmas Tree before the Epiphany.  Anyways, Sunday started as me feeling kind of off, not so much sick just not well.  Monday it got worse and I began getting these strange red circles around the outside of my eyes just like a zombie, I had a head ache...I was so tired for absolutely no reason.  Once I got home Monday night I was getting ready for my soccer game but everything just felt worse so I ended up staying home sick.  Tuesday morning I woke up to swollen eyes, even darker circles around my eyes and now itchy like a sun burn.  So I took the easy way out and called in sick to work, which was probably a good idea.  I went to the doctor to find out I had a bad allergic reaction to something but they didn't know what so in order to find out I would have to stop putting anything on my face for a few days...meaning no make-up...not even soap or shampoo could get on my face.  So today I faced one of the biggest fears most women have...going to work without make-up.  Now I know what you are thinking, how shallow is that, but it really wasn't the fact that I wasn't wearing make-up it was the place I wasn't wearing make-up to.  I never wear make-up when I work at the pool and I never seem to feel insecure, but downtown is a different story.  When everyone around you isn't wearing make-up and they all have their hair wet and slicked back into a pony tail you feel right at home with them, but when your in an office and everyone else seems to be dolled up perfectly, you feel out of place.  Plus it doesn't help to come back to work to a picture of a zombie stuck to your door saying "Britt joined the dark side" thanks Scott.  Anyways, of course everyone in the office has to come and ask me how I'm doing... a.k.a. look at my zombie eyes (which were still pretty zombie-ish).  Tomorrow we have a big department meeting at lunch, so I will be facing everyone I work with without make-up, just me, nothing to hide behind, and to make it worse....no make-up and zombie eyes.  Yay.  Sarcasm.  I look like a person who hasn't slept in 4 days and has a major sunburn across my eyes and nose.  Allergies, yeish! Anyways, after everyone had their fun with that they left me alone and I got a phone call.  I found out that SAIT is once again cancelled (I can't remember if I put in here that there was another class offered in May for the one that was cancelled for January, anyways now the May one is also cancelled).  So on the plus side that is a big chunk of moola refunded to me...but at what cost.  I know now that I will not be able to finish this certificate...probably ever.  Oh well I still have MRU to look forward to, so long as I get in.  I am pretty sure I will.  Then to top it all off I found out that I gained 5 pounds in a week, not that that has to do with anything but it's never good news to see you've gained weight.  I am slowly coming to the conclusion that the amount of calories in beer do nothing to your weight size...well mine anyways...it's been 19 days with no beer and I gained 5 pounds?!?  Something isn't right there!!!  I just can't wait for this ridiculous week to be over, and it's only Tuesday!!!  Today I had to get my blood tested at the lab to find out if my iron is low, I've been feeling strange and dizzy lately...So hopefully all is well with that, just another thing to worry about is all. 

Well thanks for letting me rant on here.  Seems like I complain on here more than talk about good things going on in my life...but I guess that's just the thing.  You want to get all the bad out so you type it on here, when all you have inside are good thoughts you want to share those to your friends and family in person so you get the hell out of the house and go see them because you're in such a gosh darned good mood.  Bad mood = sitting around inside blogging.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment