Me, Lindsay, Ryan, Eric, and some other strangers....
It was such a neat experience, dolphins feel way different that what I thought they would! They're so friendly too, we did one thing where they shot us up in the air by our feet, it was so cool. I want to do it again! We did a bunch of cool stuff in Mexico, and I will blog more about that later on...and guess what JULIE.... We had three cats on our resort... they were small and twiggy and they wouldn't come near anyone, we think they were wild, they had those long pointed faces...they wouldn't accept any food either.
Playa Del Carmen was a lot of fun, but it came with a pretty penny... participating in all the excursions was pricey but definetely interesting...especially when you're going with a group of strangers who turn out to be awesome! Who's to say you'll ever be back again to explore Mayan Ruins, swim with the dolphins, play at the massive outdoor ocean park, tube down a canal with crazy trees over-hanging, ride scooters through Cozumel and stop at the most beautiful beaches (including a nude one...but we didn't swim there), play in the waves, or snorkel over sting rays and millions of yellow, blue, or zebra fish. I really wanted to swim in the underwater caves and do the zip line... oh well next time!!!
Also, I really want to do a Mexico trip with the Kellers...maybe even throw in a few of the other Schell's as well, I think we should put this on our bucket list for one day, even if we can't convince the parents, maybe we can convince the cousins!! I know Amber & Mike are off to Puerto Vallarta in a couple of weeks so I hope they have just as much fun as we did. ...more details on Mexico when I have pictures.
So as for school I didn't miss too much, I actually did do homework on the 5 1/2 hour plane ride there and again on the 5 1/2 hour plane ride home...got quite a bit done. I'm starting to get a bit nervous...the end is nearing and then it's just one week of review before the big exam... yikes! I'm actually excited for it to be over and done with, I just can't wait to find out what my grade is so I can just relax. I do have to say that I was way more nervous in the beginning that I was setting myself up for failure jumping into something so hard I knew nothing about, but I've been studying hard, working with Amber online as my tutor, and just a ton of review on my own and I have really improved. I have been building up my confidence so I hope that will help me with writing the diploma! I've signed up for my first university class...physics I....it will be 3 nights a week starting in September. I know the first couple years will be a heavy load but if I can make it past that then the fun stuff will begin! Too bad it doesn't just start off with learning about rocks...first math, physics, and chemistry...then the fun stuff! I get to go to field school which I'm excited for...you live out on the field and study what field geologists do, you will be right there where the action is!
Well I suppose I should go over my May goals for the month...considering I'm actually blogging on time for once (I noticed that I only blogged once last month). Anywho, here they are:
Monthly Goal
- Focus on my studies. There is only just over a month left of school and this next exam is what will be deciding the next 7-10 years of my life.
Physical Goal
- Get walking. Now that the snow is gone (fingers crossed) I will try to walk where ever I can...hello walks to the movie theatre and mall I have missed all summer! I started this one off really well, Monday after voting I walked home from the polls (granted they were only 5 blocks away, but I did it!)
The other thing I need to work on is my card making... I have a TON of cards to do up for this month. I also was hoping to get the inside of the Tribute all nice and clean... I'm hoping to accomplish most of this on Sunday. As for tonight, I've got to get Kas' birthday stuff together and then I'm golden!




No comments:
Post a Comment