July 2011
Monthy Goal
- Eat healthier - now that I'm finished school I have time to prepare actual meals, no more peanut butter crackers for supper!!!!
- MAGGIE - As Ted would say from How I Met Your Mother, Make Adjustments Go Get It Energized! I wanted to get as active as possible for this month, when I rolled my ankle I was off physical activity for the entire month...it was horrible, needless to say, that goal was not met.
Monthly Goal
- Finish up my secret special project I started back in April.
- Re-do July's physical goal now that you can. So far this month alone I've gone jogging, swam 1.6 KM, done athletic yoga, and will be scuba diving this weekend - quite a bit for it just being the first week of August!
Well....
July long was awesome, I had a blast the entire weekend camping with Julie & Justin and the nice little last minute stop from my parents. I loved our blue drink club drink....mmmmm. I could have sat there and drank those all day if Julie didn't get so drunk sun-tanning haha. I also liked our little walk!! And came home with a brand new saying "If you fall into the river, don't fall into the deep end." I was pretty mad to realize my camera had deleted a bunch of pictures when I got home, but here are some that were salvaged.
SNACKIES!!!
Stampede this year was by far better than any other year I've ever gone. Well the parade wasn't so great, kind of boring, the Royals sped by so quickly you could barely see the black blur from the vans/cars they drove in. We did get free beer though because we watched at a company I work with from the 4th floor, it was nice because you weren't crammed in with the crowd and you had bathrooms you could use whenever you wanted. The food at the Stampede grounds was crazy, we ate deep fried pop-tarts (awesome), deep fried mushrooms (Uncle Gary's are way better), pocket dogs (awesome), and oodles of pizza (American pizza - completely amazing). They have deep fried oreos, coca-cola, and kool aid too. They even had pizza on a stick. We drank tons of fresh lemonade and don't forget about the beer, that wasn't hard to come by, getting into the beer gardens however, that was tricky. Went to the Trews one night, and to the Stampede Talent Search before that (Paul Brandt won it in 1992, he's from Calgary you know - he went to MRU too). I got to go to the rodeo one day with work, that was cool, we went to Fort Calgary that night with work to see a bunch of concerts, the only people I knew were John Fogerty and Big and Rich...of course there was free beer that night!
Then one night we went to the Grand Stand show...seriously the greatest outdoor show on earth just like they say & the chuck wagon races. It was me, Becky, Kas, and Evan. Kas and Evan weren't there yet and we only were able to purchase standing room tickets. It was the last Saturday of the Stampede so it was packed so Becky & I grabbed some seats in the second row (front and center), we said we would sit there until we got kicked out...there were 4 seats in a row so we were even good for when Kas and Evan got there...every time people with tickets came we were scared we would be kicked out but we got so lucky, everyone around us was kicked out...not us! Some people took Kas and Evan's seats, then the people with those tickets came and kicked them out...then the people with the tickets only stayed for like 1/2 an hour and just left and never came back. So when Kas and Evan got there they had seats again, we didn't get kicked out all night! We researched the cost of the seats we were sitting in, they were $350/person!!! Crazy! The show was amazing, like a mini cirque du soleil, people flying overhead dancing doing crazy things on ribbons and flying sofas, it was so cool. There was so much going on, I loved when the shot off the confetti, it was everywhere, one even landed in my beer!! At the end of the night we were all heading to the train and this crazy storm came, there was a major downpour, we were soaked to the bone in seconds then the hail started, we all had to run under a bridge and wait for the hail to stop. By then there were so many people trying to get onto the train, there had to be at least 200,000 people at this one train station alone, it was insane. We were all wet trying to make our way through a line that wasn't moving but eventually did make our way, it was actually kind of fun, it felt like we were on Titanic or something.
There was a woman dancing inside that ball thing, the other thing that big light guy is holding is a couch with kids on it singing
This week has been pretty busy, work is busy like crazy, I've been trying to catch up on all the exercise I've been missing out on with my ankle (I think I may be able to play soccer again next week)! Next on my to-do list is assemble a bunch of cards for events coming up...I have a wedding on the Nixon side in a couple weeks and really need to get started. I would also like to finish up my Christmas Card project but it's hard to spend much time inside when there is a beautiful summer outside just waiting for you!
Something I really missed this year, The Schell Campout. I wish we would of had one. I really want one next year but it seems to be a fading tradition. Amanda thinks that the cousins need to take charge as the parents are getting tired of all the planning.
Future endevers I'm excited for...well one is coming up right away - Cornfest. I had such a blast last year, this year my parents. Cornfest is like a mini-stampede that is a thousand times cheaper! I love the craft sales (where I picked up that Marilyn Monroe/Elvis picture). I also cant wait to get more Scentsy stuff from Auntie Terry. Another thing I'm excited for, our last camping trip of the year (only three times out this year-boo), we're going to Little Bow with my parents September long. Of course there are quite a few other things I can't wait for but one of the things is super far away but I just found out about it a couple days ago, now I have an entire year to be excited and help plan! I'm really excited for this thing, extatic, and super happy. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, signing off for now.






No comments:
Post a Comment