Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Half The Family

So the long weekend has come and gone, it was nice to get that little break especially for me because I got a break from the pool too!  I usually only get a one day weekend so a 3 day weekend felt like a really long time!!  Friday night me and my mom drove out to Taber for the weekend.  I stayed at mmmmber's house, I think the dogs are starting to really like me.  Or maybe they just like everyone.  Anyways, they were so cute.  Because my mom's birthday is this week we decided to do some surprise stuff for her this weekend.  Only half of us were out there though, no boys were able to come they were all busy and Julie ended up getting sick so we only seen her for a few hours on the Saturday, but that's ok because I get to see her and Justin next month which will be here before we know it!  In the mean time, Amber and I got a ton of visiting in, which was really nice.  Just the two of us!  Friday night we spent some time visting with her parents, my mom, and Gary & Jody.  Then we went back to Amber's place and got to work on decorating for the birthday and made this trifle...it was such a good idea because my mom doesn't like birthday cake so this worked perfectly...plus it looked really awesome too.  Who would know that a dessert that looks this excellent could be that easy!  Washing/slicing the strawberries took the longest of the whole dessert!


Oh Kraft Canada, how I love you.


I was in charge of drink club this weekend (even though I'm doing my sober - gig I'm still partaking in drink club).  It was a raspberry/peach/lime type thing that went over well with everyone.  This drink was a success.




And here's the drink with the bartender!  Looking at all that booze I was adding to the alcoholic drinks made me really want some....oh man does spiced rum ever smell good when you can't have any.  So does beer for that matter!!!!

Julie and I decided that we should have a recipe/photoalbum type book to add all of our drink club drinks into.  It think this would be an awesome idea!  I know the exact book to find for these recipes.  Regardless of how well they turn out, into the book they go with either a "Success" or "Fail" written on them.  I'm not sure how we are going to go back in time and re-create the previous ones though.  Guess this will be part of a new "monthly project."

School starts up again tonight, teacher's convention is over.  It's not the best weather so I hope I get there on time. 

This weekend we are having some friends over for a games night, everyone seems to be going to Mexico, so not very many people will be coming but we will still make it fun!  Plus, we don't have long to wait before our Mexico trip so I'm getting excited for that too!  Plus another trip coming up even sooner...VANCOUVER!!!  It will be my first time ever there so I'm really excited.  It will also be my booze cheat weekend so I am not sure if I will break my bet or not...I'm allowed two cheats but I've been doing so good (53 days in now).  I almost want to see if I can make it the full 100 days in a row...but at the same time I want to have fun, and running around with a bunch of drunk people when you are sober is never fun.  Either way I'm pretty excited to go.

1 comment: