Friday, February 4, 2011

A little bit Husky

Alrighty, here's a bit of an update...

As for my monthly goals, they may change a little bit.  I'm thinking that I will still keep on card making, but I don't know if I will be able to finish this project this month, so I'll add another one I might be able to keep my focus on easier.  I'm still contemplating what that will be.  As for physical goals, I will be doing the swimming however I've found I've been trying to cram a lot of yoga into my life lately and maybe will have the challenge of swimming/yoga for February.  My yoga pass is up towards the beginning of March so I'm trying to get in as much as possible before it expires! 

School, well that is starting up next week Tues/Thurs nights.  I'm not really looking forward to highschool math because it's not something that will further me in my career, it's just some stepping stone I have to get over before I can begin to accomplish my goals.  And it has to go all the way until JUNE...BOO.  I'm eager to hear back from Mount Royal on my acceptance into the degree, I kind of hope they interview me so they know I'm serious about this.  I also need to write them a letter saying I will not be finishing my SAIT certificate so they no longer need to evaluate those last two classes as transfer programs for me...hopefully the first two will make the cut, if not oh well just one more class I have to take.  I'm realizing more and more how big of a commitment this is and how much time it will consume, I know it will be worth it in the end.  Yes, I want to live life of course, but this is just something I have to do to be able to live the kind of life I want.  Yup, got my sights set on those big bucks!!  Plus I've realized I do not really like these redundant jobs I've been doing lately and want to do something where I have to think harder and actually use my education for.  So here's to one hell of a long haul!

As for the boycotting booze, so far I'm 35 days liquor free (haha I sound like an alcoholic).  I'm beginning to miss my beer though, oh sweet nectar!  Anyways, I've confirmed with my boycotting booze buddy that I'm going to go for 100 alcohol free days... that is April 10th.  I get two cheats, one I'm using possibly in Vancouver, the other I'm using at a rather exciting event we were unexpectedly invited too....

Work....let's start with the pool first.  I couldn't be happier with my classes this set...no complaints here!  Husky, wow talk about learning.  I've come from having absolutely no idea what I'm doing with these Geographix projects I've been helping with and creating to being able to complete one whole one on my own.  I'm also getting better at loading deviated well survey, and georeferencing (taking paper maps, scanning them and lining them up with our GIS grid system on the computer, then importing them into geologist's projects), and I've also learned for the first time how to load geologist's picks on formations.  It's pretty neat once you've got it down.  I can see how people would get frustrated with it though.  Anyways, a lot has been accomplished in a short 6 months and I'm proud of what I'm able to do now.  I never thought I would do so well with geometry and hadn't a clue how to read latitude and longtitude when I left college...just more learning to come.  Nothing will stop me from achieving my goals here!! 

Julie...I haven't been able to keep up with your blog, that will be my next week goal, catch up hahahaa!  You would think that now since we have internet at home I would be on top of these sorts of things!!!  Also, very excited to see you Feb long!

One more thing, I know everyone who has a blog seems to incorporate a lot of pictures in it, that is one thing I need to work on!!  I just never seem to think of it at the time and the pictures I do end up with have nothing to really do with what I'm talking about!  That is another goal!

P.S. I hope the Day Zero Project website is back up and running soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment