So I have finished my first exam in Geophysics for Seismic Principles, I think I did well for the most part but am still waiting on the grades to come back...it was 40% of our final mark so it better be good! An entire written exam to-boot, talk about unfair! I have no doubts though, I felt really good writting it and only got stuck once, which is a massive improvement for me. I have gotten much better at studying since high school and college which really helps when it comes to big exams like that! Plus the work is much more interesting...wow when I was a kid I would never think I would say geophysics is "interesting." Actually it's really the geology I love. I'm really excited to start the degree in the fall and I hope that at least 5 of my classes from my SAIT certificates are transferrable, that would really cut down my time. I'm not looking forward to taking "general studies" courses. I don't need them, sure they are fine and dandy for full time students when their prime focus is on school, but I don't have time for extra "option classes." I already know what I want to "be when I grow up" so let me do it the fast way why dontcha!?!
Another exciting thing that recently happened is my friend Becky, or Rebecca as she likes it, Reb as I like it...moved back from Kelowna. She lives in Airdrie now which is a much shorter drive! We've been spending as much time together as we can and both of our efforts are really working for us to see eachother! She is such a blast and my spirits are lifted now that she is back!!! She also just got a new job so congrats to her on that! We're going to a movie with her work people next weekend, popcorn and pop plus the movie for five bucks! It's in the morning too, which is weird because popcorn and pop isn't the best breakfast!!
Well Halloween is coming up and I am one of the few women in the world who is being a costume without the word "slutty" in front of it. I'm going as a zombie this year with all the make-up and blood!! It should be pretty good!!
Howdy:
ReplyDeleteI have just signed a contract to teach Seismic Principles, at SAIT, in January.
Is there any chance I could talk to you about the classes?
My name is Owen Neale you can check out my profile at linkedin.com.
Thank you.
geoltech@shaw.ca
You must have changed your mind because the January and May courses for GEOL-213 were both cancelled?
ReplyDelete